African Art & More…
Estate & Consignment Auction
Plus Paintings, Asian Art & More
ONLINE-ONLY BIDDING – CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE BIDDING
Bidding is available by computer or download of the Maltz Auctions App on the App Store or Google play
Pre-Registration Required to Bid. You Must send in signed Terms and Conditions of Sale, signed Online Bidding Form and a deposit to be approved for bidding. Acceptable forms of deposit are cashier’s check, postal money order, and wire transfer (funds must be received at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled end time of the auction or you may not be approved to bid prior to the conclusion of the auction). $500.00 minimum deposit required. Your buying power will be 4x the amount of your deposit. For example, if you send $1,000 you will be approved for up to $4,000 in bidding.
Featuring the Collection of Constance and Henry Schwartz
Partial List of Items:
- Dance Mask (Kuba, Zaire)
- Mask was a gift from Dictator Mobuto Tse Seko of Zaire to Henry Schwartz for Mr. Schwartz’s role in the production & broadcast of the Mohammad Ali & George Foreman fight “The Rumble in the Jungle”
- Aguru Epa Mask (Yoruba, Nigeria)
- Large carved wood Janus Mask with elaborate Equestrian superstructure. Representing the God Obaatla, Creator of the World.
- Ritual Spoon (Liberia). Symbol of Prosperity & Hospitality.
- Debe Figure (Senufo, Cote d’Ivoire- Ivory Coast)
- Bwoom Mask (Ziare, Mushenge locality, Mweka zone)
- Fetish Power Figure (Zaire). Originally purchased from a local tribe’s Medicine Man.
- Janus-Faced Marionette Figure (Bambara, Mali)
- Witch Doctor’s Mask (Songe, Zaire)
- Bronze Figure (Benin)
- Lingon Vitae Wood Sculpture (Kapo, Jamaica, WI)
- “The Family”. Cedar Wood Sculpture (Kapo, Jamaica, WI)
- Aku’b Ai Doll (Ashanti, Ghana)
- And other Wood Carvings & Sculptures
- Oil & Acrylic Paintings by Constance Schwartz
- Former Director and Chief Curator of Nassau County Museum of Art. Works are in Permanent Public and Private collections nationwide.
- Do Hu Suh untitled Hand Blown Glass Bowl
- Robert Lazzarini – “Distorted Tea Cup, Saucer and Spoon”
- Yinka Shonibare (Nigeria) – Untitled Doll House
- Asian Carved Stone
- Asian Ceramics
- Asian Carved Wood
- Asian Framed Art
- Star Wars Limited Edition Lithographs
- Star Trek Limited Edition Lithographs
- And Much More…
Pre-Registration Required to Bid: You Must send in signed Terms and Conditions of Sale and Online Bidding Form and a deposit ($100 minimum) to be approved for bidding. Acceptable forms of deposit are cashier’s check, postal money order, and wire transfer (funds must be received at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled end time of the auction or you may not be approved to bid prior to the conclusion of the auction). The credit card authentication process does not qualify as meeting this requirement. Your buying power will be 4x the amount of your deposit. For example, if you send $1,000 you will be approved for up to $4,000 in bidding ($500 Minimum Deposit). All unspent deposits will be processed for a refund within 72 business hours following the conclusion of the auction.
Inspection: Available by appointment.
Auction Date: Online Bidding will open Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 11:00 am and scheduled for the first lot to close on Friday, April 30, 2021 at 11:00 am. There will be a 60-second period between the scheduled closing of each lot.
Bidding Process: If a bid is placed with less than one minute remaining, the bidding period will be extended so one minute remains for competing bids to be entered. If any further bidding occurs, the extension timer will reset to one minute. Once no further bidding activity occurs, the sale closes when the time runs out.
Auction Location: Online-Only Bidding – Visit RemoteBidding.MaltzAuctions.com or download the Maltz Auctions App on the Apple Store or Google Play.
Deposit: A 25% minimum deposit via cash, postal money order or cashier’s check as outlined in the above instructions. All funds must be made payable to Maltz Auctions, Inc..
Buyer’s Premium: A 15% buyer’s premium will be added to all bids to determine the total purchase price.
Sales Tax: Sales tax will be collected from all buyers without a valid resale certificate.
Due Diligence Documents
You must be logged in to view Documents.
Have Questions? Get In Touch
Richard B. Maltz, Auctioneer DCA# 1240836
David A. Constantino, Auctioneer DCA# 1424944
Richard B. Maltz, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Phone (516) 349-7022 Fax (516) 349-0105