African Art & More…
39 Windsor Place
Central Islip, NY 11722
Seeking Offers for Immediate Sale
African Art, Paintings & More
Featuring the Collection of Constance and Henry Schwartz
Partial List of Items:
- Dance Mask (Kuba, Zaire)
- Mask was a gift from Dictator Mobuto Tse Seko of Zaire to Henry Schwartz for Mr. Schwartz’s role in the production & broadcast of the Mohammad Ali & George Foreman fight “The Rumble in the Jungle”
- Aguru Epa Mask (Yoruba, Nigeria)
- Large carved wood Janus Mask with elaborate Equestrian superstructure. Representing the God Obaatla, Creator of the World.
- Ritual Spoon (Liberia). Symbol of Prosperity & Hospitality.
- Debe Figure (Senufo, Cote d’Ivoire- Ivory Coast)
- Bwoom Mask (Ziare, Mushenge locality, Mweka zone)
- Fetish Power Figure (Zaire). Originally purchased from a local tribe’s Medicine Man.
- Janus-Faced Marionette Figure (Bambara, Mali)
- Witch Doctor’s Mask (Songe, Zaire)
- Bronze Figure (Benin)
- Lingon Vitae Wood Sculpture (Kapo, Jamaica, WI)
- “The Family”. Cedar Wood Sculpture (Kapo, Jamaica, WI)
- Aku’b Ai Doll (Ashanti, Ghana)
- And other Wood Carvings & Sculptures
- Oil & Acrylic Paintings by Constance Schwartz
- Former Director and Chief Curator of Nassau County Museum of Art. Works are in Permanent Public and Private collections nationwide.
- Do Hu Suh untitled Hand Blown Glass Bowl
- Yinka Shonibare (Nigeria) – Untitled Doll House
Please call (516) 349-7022 to present an offer on any, or all, of the above items.
You must be logged in to view Documents.
Have Questions? Get In Touch
You must be logged in to send an Auction Inquiry.
Richard B. Maltz, Auctioneer DCA# 1240836
David A. Constantino, Auctioneer DCA# 1424944
Richard B. Maltz, Licensed Real Estate Broker
Phone (516) 349-7022 Fax (516) 349-0105
These assets are being sold on an “AS IS, WHERE IS” basis, and no warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the Seller, Auction Company or any of their Agents. The information contained herein was derived from sources deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Most of the information provided has been obtained from third-party sources and has not been independently verified. All prospective bidders are urged to conduct their own due diligence prior to participating in the Public Auction Sale. Maltz Auctions, Inc., d/b/a Maltz Auctions is exclusively acting as the marketing agent